Digital Media, Emerging Technology & Strategic Partnership
Creative and forward-thinking product executive with global partnership experience in TV & entertainment, content development, multi-platform distribution and digital marketing. Patent holder, keynote speaker, passionate about digital transformation, anticipating changes in the marketplace, driving businesses into the future and playing on a large scale. Excels at managing relationships and building multi-disciplinary teams with a focus on innovation.
Varbai, Venice, CA
2017 – Present
Lead strategic and creative consultancy developing real-world applications, strategic planning and market research for companies focused on emerging technology including augmented and virtual reality, AI and chatbot applications and cutting edge digital media and marketing tools.
- Deliver purpose-built executive briefings, strategic planning and market research for clients including Verizon, Ford, Roku and NBCUniversal
- Develop innovative marketing concepts and campaigns for TV clients including activations for ComicCon and SXSW for FX Networks
- Strategic advisor and consultant for Los Angeles based startups in financial services, advertising technology and AI driven customer service automation
Twitter, San Francisco, CA
2014 – 2017
Senior Manager, Global Media Partnerships
Drove first-to-market campaigns, content deals, on-air integrations and live video deals for The Emmys, Oscars, Grammys, House of Cards, The Voice, Scandal / TGIT, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, The Late Show and more. Led TV creative, strategy and innovation for every major US TV network, cable, and OTT partner.
- Globalized innovative content activations and best practices for live streaming and video production, product integration, augmented reality, 360 video, voting/polling
- Orchestrated TV networks, executive producers, digital/marketing executives, production and talent to deliver earned media growth on the platform. Delivered record-setting results with on-air Twitter integrations and on the ground content activations for every major broadcast TV event
- Drove integration of strategic product launches across the industry including Periscope, Moments and Go Live video streaming. Led all projects with ecosystem partners, development agencies and production companies
FOX Broadcasting Company, Los Angeles, CA
2012 – 2014
Senior Director, Digital Brand Management
Led team responsible for driving digital transformation of content development and cross platform distribution for all alternative and unscripted programming on the FOX network. Responsible for integrated marketing, sponsorship & monetization and digital content franchises for American Idol, The X Factor, So You Think You Can Dance, Utopia, MasterChef, Hell’s Kitchen and more.
- Built groundbreaking social TV integrations including first to market partnerships with Google on American Idol, on-air visualization of real time Twitter polling data and AT&T voting integration on Facebook resulting in 1.4M new voters, over 16M published actions, 275% increase in season participation
- Led engagement and drove decision making with executive producers to effect in-show production at Fremantle, 19 Entertainment, SYCO, Shine and Talpa. Managed key strategic partnerships with Google, Facebook, Twitter, Shazam, and oversaw digital sponsorships for AT&T, Coke, Ford, Verizon, Best Buy, Honda, P&G
- Direct responsibility for $12M+ annual digital budget across entire unscripted programming portfolio
Acquity Group, Los Angeles, CA
2011 – 2012
Established key relationships with client buyers of multi-channel commerce and digital marketing services. Managed cross-disciplinary teams of strategists, designers, and technologist to deliver solutions for clients including Belkin, Toyota Financial Services and PIMCO. Direct responsibility for sales, delivery and P&L for $3M annual revenue.
- Directed flagship digital customer engagement strategy for Toyota Financial Services
- Established portfolio clients and led the formation of the company’s Los Angeles creative studio
GMS, Los Angeles, CA
2008 – 2011
Launched brand innovation and digital marketing studio to service consumer and lifestyle brands focused on digital brand strategy, social media marketing, digital publicity and digital marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for company formation, leadership, service offering, delivery process, business practices and brand development driving aggressive company growth and 4X year-over-year annual revenue
- Envisioned and led multidisciplinary teams to deliver innovative digital marketing campaigns for Jamba Juice, One Economy Corp, Warner Bros. Records & SE Johnson
Razorfish, Los Angeles, CA
2005 – 2008
Acquired and developed long-term relationships with strategic clients, led multidisciplinary teams that delivered integrated digital services including creative, UX and engineering services for highly visible clients in the entertainment, digital media and financial services industries.
- Built a book of business that delivered brand strategies, UX, design, technology development and engineering builds for entertainment news site Yahoo! OMG, Yahoo! Yahoo! Originals, Fantasy Sports and the original UX, design and front-end development for groundbreaking streaming video services Hulu
- Generated $5M+ in annual revenue growth and P&L responsibility for key accounts including Hulu, FOX Broadcasting, Turner Entertainment, DIRECTV, Yahoo! and Farmers Insurance
Experience Design Lead
Led user experience design engagements focused on envisioning and delivering breakthrough user interfaces, outstanding client and executive presentations and build-ready deliverables for world class clients. Promoted to Client Director after developing B2B ecommerce strategy, UI design and governance model for Ingram Micro.
- Member of in-house innovation team focused on next generation consumer applications and technologies including social media, user generated content and mobile app development
Illinois Institute of Technology
Master of Design, User-Centered Design
Kendall College of Art and Design
BFA, Visual Communication
Achievements, Associations & Awards
Patent, Method and Apparatus for Batch Voting on Live Broadcasts
Keynote Speaker, Next TV Summit, San Francisco
Social TV Awards, Best TV Twitter Integration, Best Social TV Award, Summit Thought Leadership Speaker
Board of Directors, Director, Crenshaw Family YMCA, Los Angeles, CA
2008 – 2010